About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beautiful Baby Quilt

I was absolutely bowled over last night when my Tuesday night Needlework ladies presented me (and David - as grandparents) with a beautiful quilt for our grandchildren to use!   They had secretly worked on the quilt while I was away teaching on the Needlework Cruise recently and it is absolutely beautiful ... here are some of the Tuesday night ladies who contributed to making such a beautiful gift!


Helen (who planted the seed) and an overwhelmed me with the beautiful quilt ...


And our gorgeous new grandson Jed who will be the first grandchild to enjoy this beautiful creation ...


And after all that excitement .... Shirley bought along her finished "My Favourite Things" quilt which she has now finished off ... this is an Anni Downs design and is absolutely gorgeous !  Well done Shirley !


Some very productive ladies in my Needlework group .... Tracey has finished off lots of projects and is well prepared for this coming Christmas ... not one, not two, but three Christmas Buntings, four little Mill Hill beaded Christmas decorations, and some stitched designs as well ... WOW !!!   Well done Tracey !


How beautiful are these gorgeous decorations?


And not to be outdone , Tracey's sister Dale produced lots of finished off pieces from way way back ... I think the oldest UFO in this picture is from 1998 ... you can't rush these things ... and lots of lovely finishes here by Dale ... gorgeous work girls !! 


6 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift from your quilting friends! May you have many grandchildren to wrap in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt is amazing and what lovely friends you have Fiona,oh Jed is just the cutest little man Fiona.
    Lovely SKOW quilt and love the xmas decorations,hope you have a lovely day fiona.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I couldn't be there with you all last nigh Fiona when the girls gave it to you! It's turned out beautifully...a real heirloom oiece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jed will love cuddling with the beautiful quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby quilt is so nice. What a great surprise. The other quilt just beautiful. All of the ornaments and such so pretty. Your blog made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!