About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chateau Rouge Quilt

Jenny has finished off her gorgeous Chateau Rouge Quilt which was one of our projects designed by Sylvia and myself for our Stitching in the Hills Retreat last August in the hills outside of Canberra!   Doesn't it look absolutely fantastic ?   Using the gorgeous Chateau Rouge range of French General fabrics and a few extras thrown in, she has made her quilt much bigger and it is just amazing ... looks beautiful Jenny ... well done!    Our Annual Retreat is on again this year on the first weekend in August .... if you are interested, please email me and I will provide details.


Elaine bought along some beautifully finished purses to Needlework on Wednesday too ... a larger one and a smaller one ... both with zippers ... such a gorgeous gift !


I was very fortunate on the Needlework Cruise to meet and spend some fantastic times with the gorgeous Judy Newman from "A Very Fine House" ... and I was very very lucky to come home with one of her beautifully created liberty print bags - lots of hexagons and beautifully put together .... filled with a little sewing project I'm working on ... I love it and it is a gorgeous reminder of a special new friend and a lovely working trip on the Cruise !


Another new and lovely friend is the lovely Jane MacDonald from Be Be Bold !!   I fell in love with her little purse design she was teaching on the cruise so got to it (in my spare time) and had fun stitching together this cute purse ....    before it was put together it looked like this ....


And now it's finished, complete with zip and my name on it ... so I guess I'll have to keep it !!  Very cute little stitching project ... thanks Jane!   And I'm lucky to be helping Jane out on her stand "Be Be Bold" at the Australasian Quilt Convention  in Melbourne on the 10th to 13th April .... so come and say hello if you are visiting !   I'm sure these little patterns and kits will be available !! 




4 comments:

  1. Your zippered purse looks lovely. They were fun to make on the cruise. Jenny's quilt looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the projects are so pretty. The colors are so nice in each project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively beautiful stitching.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!