About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Quilted Crow, Hobart

The last port of call on the Needlework Cruise was Hobart and we had a wonderful visit to "The Quilted Crow" - the home of Leonie and Deirdre - who were very welcoming as we walked through the doors of this beautiful old church and into a patchworkers heaven ....


The old stone church is absolutely beautiful ...


And the inside did not disappoint us .... I have long admired this shop and was very keen to pay a visit and I have to say it was a highlight of our Cruise .... thank goodness the ship stopped in Hobart !! 


Every way we turned there was an eye-catching display and something that just needed to come home with me !!


Beautiful fabrics and wool felts, lovely kits and patterns ...


And Sylvia and I enjoyed meeting Leonie and Deirdre ...


This is a little dark, but the stained glass windows are gorgeous ...


Beautiful quilts and potted flowers ...


Sylvia in a shopping frenzy ... we admired the beautiful quilt hanging over the railing on the top right of this photo ...


And I would love this to be my ironing corner of the world ... I could look at this gorgeous quilt all day!    


If you are ever in Hobart do pay "The Quilted Crow" a visit and make sure you say hello to Leonie and Deirdre if they are at home ... it is a simply beautiful shop to visit!    And thank you to the ladies for making us feel so welcome and at home! 

4 comments:

  1. Envious.. Looks wonderful.. Hope you purchased one item at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful shop!!! So many things to tempt us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, do pretty. I love shops like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and such a wonderful place to have such a special shop! I could stay there all day!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!