About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Australasian Quilt Convention and some stitching ....

Finally back home from AQC in Melbourne .... and I had a fantastic time catching up with friends, working hard, a few lovely lovely meals and then some more catching up with blogging friends and stitching friends ....  AQC was held in the Royal Convention Building in Carlton and what a beautiful building it is ....  you will note there is beautiful blue sky in this photo .... it only came out on the 4th day I was there ... that's when I took the photo !! 



Looking up into the roof dome is stunning .... inspiration for a stitchery perhaps !!



From upstairs where the workshops were held and looking down onto the hall where all the stands and quilts were .... just beautiful ....



I was down there to help out the lovely Jane Macdonald on her Be Be Bold stand ... here are Jane, myself and Cally, her ever ready and willing assistants !!   It was great to see lots of familiar faces and lots of lovely ladies came up and said hello including some of my students from the Needlework Cruise so that was fun !!    Busy but fun !! 




I also helped out on Helen Stubbings stand "Hugs n Kisses" and here is Helen's daughter Tess with Helen in the background serving .... it was also great to spend time with these girls too !



And Helen's stunning quilt was hanging in the quilt display also .... absolutely gorgeous !!




I managed to catch up with some stitching and blogging friends ..... grabbed a coffee with Clare, Gail Pan and Lorraine - Granny Loz ....  lots of laughs here ...



A Lygon Street Italian dinner was lots of fun with all these ladies ....



Cathy and Leanne flew over from Tasmania and came to visit me while I was working ... so nice to see you ladies wandering around the AQC with Gail ...



And a farewell at the end of the AQC with Gail, Rose,Helen and myself ....  these ladies are such fun and we all had a great time !



We had a fantastic meal when some of the tutors from the Needlework Cruise all got together on Saturday night ...  Lisa, Judy, Rose, Christine, Jane, Gail and myself ...  some of our cruise buddies were missing (Wendy, Daisy, Sylvia and Chrissie) but we did manage a cheers for you all !! 



I have done a little bit of stitching .... this was part of a Gail Pan swap for our Friends in Stitching Group which I sent off to Sandi finally ....




I have also been finishing off my projects for our STITCHING ON THE LAKE days in Canberra on next Saturday 26th April and the following Saturday 3rd May 2014 !   I'll share photos of those projects after the Easter Weekend.    But I will share yet another cute photo of Jed !


Some lovely photos coming through from the New York couple ... Sam and Nadia strolling over the Brooklyn Bridge on a SUNNY day in New York !  Thank goodness its warming up a bit over there for them ! 



And at the end of the day .... it's the amount of smiles you've enjoyed that make it all worthwhile !!    We bought these little red overalls in Paris last year not knowing what Ash and Tim were expecting, but even though they are a bit large on him .... they still look cute !! 



8 comments:

  1. So much fun catching up at AQC! Gosh your little man is just gorgeous - those red overalls are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your having a wonderful time with friends which is just what we all need............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona I was at AQC on Thursday and wanted to say hello, but every time I went to the stands (both Bebe Bold and Hugs'n'Kisses) you were SO busy!! AQC was just wonderful.. I have attended for the last 4 years, my husband spent ages admiring the quilts and after asking permission, took lots of photos of them, and of me in the crowd trying to find a time when you weren't busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos...glad you had a good time...and how cute is your Jed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Fiona. Looks like it was a wonderful time in Melbourne. Need is such a gorgeous little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona - you really were very busy at AQC - tried to get back to say goodbye but there just didnt seem to be a break in the traffic!!! Looking forward to Canberra on May 3 - see you then!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing information
    Test and Tag Brisbane
    rcd testing services brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing. . I know something information, to know you can click here
    Test and Tag brisbane
    rcd testing services brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!