About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, June 9, 2014

Long Weekend Monday Stitching

It has been pretty busy here lately with our grandson and his mum and dad staying with us for a few weeks until their house is ready to move into (just around the corner which is lovely)!!  Not lots of stitching to share because some of it is "secret" for our "Stitching in the Hills" Retreat just outside of Canberra from the 1st to the 3rd August.    There are some spots still available if you would like to come and spend a few days of blissful stitching in the mountains,  please email me if you are interested.    I did spend a little time this afternoon sewing together a few little pieces - one of them is this canvas work strawberry scissor keeper .... heading off to a friend for a gift ....



I also received a lovely package in the mail from Teresa for our Friends in Stitching "Kitchen Swap" .... I had divulged my kitchen colours were black and white with a dash of red and I received two lovely kitchen towels, one stitched with a gorgeous Bronwyn Hayes stitchery, a potholder,  and some kitchen measuring spoons .... how did she know I had lost my other measuring spoons??



Gorgeous stitchery on one of the towels and lovely tea pot fabric !



This pot holder will come in very useful too ... thanks so much Teresa !




And one of my lovely Needlework ladies - Osla - has crocheted a gorgeous blanket for the treasured little man in our house .... and he loves it .... here is Jed wrapped in his blanket .... thank you Osla !


He is now 3 1/2 months old and such a delight to have with us at the moment ... I think it will be hard when they move out in a few weeks .... even though they will only be in the next street !!


5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little scissor fob - I love it. Gorgeous pressies and your GS is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitchery with the cat on. Am sure u will get lots of use from the pot holder, oh and gorgeous baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blanket made fo your little man....
    beautiful gifts from Teresa...it was a great swap...my gifts were so perfect thanks again Fiona....gorgeous scissor fob..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks so lovely and warm. Fancy little Jed being 3 1/2 months already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fiona, you can't believe how excited I was when I saw your lovely little strawberry fob.
    Mosman Needlecraft have a fob like that in its display cabinet but the new owner inherited it and has no idea of the designer as I LOVE it and would like to make one.
    Would you be able to share the chart detail?
    thank you and keep on blogging, the photos you show are always so inspiring.
    Tessa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!