About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Garden Inspiration and .... New York !!

Wandering around my garden this morning in the sunshine with a cup of coffee and everything is looking a whole lot different with the sun shining on it ......



We have lots of native plants in our garden and I am always amazed by the work that went into the creation of these .... they are simply stunning !



Another spray of orchids has appeared from the pot that I don't do anything to ... and then it produces the most amazing orchids for me !! 



Monday week we are heading off to New York to visit our son, Sam and his gorgeous Nadia !!   Looking forward to relaxing on the plane .... which I might just need after the last couple of weeks !!



After a Skype session with them this morning he asked if we could bring his basketball shoes over ... first thing that will be going into the bag !!



So looking forward to catching up with them .... we haven't seen them for so long as they left at the beginning of the year to work in New York for 2 years !!


But before all that excitement ....  Sylvia and I are holding our annual Retreat "Stitching in the Hills" from Friday to Sunday this coming week just outside Canberra.  We are really looking forward to catching up with lots of the ladies for an enjoyable weekend !   I love the range of fabrics we have chosen to use for this Retreat .... here is a little sneak peek !!    Now finished off name tags and kits all done .... so we are ready for you ladies !! 



And I'm trying to finish off a couple of small gifts to take to friends in the USA while we are over there ... so my little Bernina is getting a bit of a work out this morning !    Hopefully I'll get onto some packing shortly !!



1 comment:

  1. gorgeous flowers........have fun in New York......travel safe.........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!