About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Washington DC

We have had a great few days exploring Washington DC and staying with some old friends, Glenn and Ellen.   Explored all the famous monuments, ate well, caught a live concert with Josh Groban performing with the Washington DC orchestra and a live stage show of a Stephen Sondheim musical .... A bit of culture to add to our sightseeing tour .... Here we are with our friends and their cute granddaughter Zoe ....


Ellen does beautiful patchwork and quilting so I was right at home here ....




She is Norwegian and loves celebrating Christmas and had some beautiful pieces to show me .... Including this lovely scrap quilt being hand quilted at the moment ....


Lots of amazing scenery and a special time spent with friends ....


Arlington memorial, Lincoln memorial and many others ....



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and it looks like you're having a great time. Those quilts were just lovely thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your having a great time..............enjoy the rest of the trip............

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my neck of the woods! We only seem to visit DC when we have visitors and we didn't have any this summer. At least you've had nice cool weather, hope you enjoy the rest of your visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!