About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back home and back at Needlework

It is always lovely to travel and adventure, but equally lovely to return home to family and friends .... we missed little Jed and all our family, but had a great time in New York and the States.   It was great to be back at Needlework this week too .... and the ladies had lots of lovely things to share .... Asta has made this gorgeous little needle case for a friend .... beautiful stitching ...


Margaret is putting the finishing touches onto her stitchers cushion from our Retreat in August ....


Lorraine is knitting very fancy socks .... she tells me the wool is designed that way ... but I think they look great !


Chris has finished off a couple of little canvas work fobs ....


Carol has finished off her version of the little stitched purse we made this past term ...


The South Coast & Country Quilters Exhibition was on in Batemans Bay over the weekend and although I didn't get there, from all reports it sounded fantastic.  There were some little short workshops and some of the ladies participated in those .... here is Tricia and Gwen's little pieces from their workshops ...


Osla continues to amaze us with her gorgeous crochet and she has made another fabulous rug ...
very bright and cheery !!


Margaret has got the crochet bug too and has made this spectacular rug also ...


I found a few gorgeous little zippered bags in the patchwork shop I visited in New York .... so a couple of them had to come with me ....



And I participated in a swap of "ugly" fabrics with my online stitching group and this is what De made with my ugly rust coloured fabric .... little pots in front of a window ... the brief was to make a 12" quilt for your partner and it was great to come home and find this gift from De ...thanks De !!


And a post would not be completed without little Jed ... here he is sitting up and studying a book which we bought for him in New York ....  you would swear he was reading the pages ....


And he loves it !!    Boy did we miss his smiling face on our travels !! 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching by all the ladies at needlework. Little Jed is so advanced at reading his special book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful projects and little Jed is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jed will be reading quilting patterns in no time! Lovely stitching work too!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!