About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Judy's Dilly Bag

The very creative Angie from Gnome Angel  has organised a "Dilly Bag-A-Long" through her Fussy Cutters Club using the gorgeous Dilly Bag pattern designed by Judy Newman of "A Very Fine House" .... and I'm joining in the fun !!    I was lucky enough to be a fellow tutor on the Needlework Cruise earlier this year with Judy Newman and she is just such a talented designer and a lovely person !  I purchased one of her dilly bags made from gorgeous Liberty fabrics and others on the cruise and I treasure it, so I thought I would make another .....



This is the pattern which you can purchase from Amitie Textiles or online through the Gnome Angel site .... and it goes together like a dream ....



So I have pulled out a few of my favourite French General fabrics and I'm going to do a little fussy cutting and playing today I hope ....   If you want to join in the fun, have a look at the Gnome Angel blog by clicking on the highlighted name at the top of my post ....



I'm loving the scent of this gorgeous bunch of flowers bought to me by dear friends Bill and Kim from Canberra on the weekend ....



They are like an extra set of grandparents to our children and they came down to catch up with Jed (and Ash and Tim) and Elliott and Andrea who were over for a visit from Perth for the weekend  ....



Elliott and Andrea enjoying their time with a happy smiling little Jed ...



A beach walk with Jed wearing Davey's hat .... a little too big for him ....



And the dogs loving the water ..... 



It was a lovely weekend of family and friends .... but we were missing Chelsea and Kye (Townsville and overseas) and Sam and Nadia in New York .... 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous bag! I can't wait to see the next one you make. Thanks for joining in. The flowers look beautiful (Canberra is just lovely at the moment!). Have a most fabulous day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona. The dilly bag looks interesting and your fabrics look lovely. Can't wait to see how it turns out. What a lovely weekend you had with your family. The weather looks wonderful. Cheers, Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!