About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, February 2, 2015

Folded star pincushion

I have been playing around with a folded star pincushion and trying to perfect the corners and size .... using some gorgeous Anni Downs fabrics .....


Then I decided there wasn't enough variation in the colours to show the star properly ....


The back of the pincushion ...


So then I tried some lovely red fabric and another Anni Downs fabric ....


And this time you can see the star shape much better !!
\

Pincushions .... you can never have too many !!! 


And it was such a great day yesterday catching up with Jed (and Ash and Tim) after their return from a week in Fiji ....


They have had a lovely time relaxing and surfing on Tavarua for a week .... 


9 comments:

  1. Your pincushions are so cool! I really like how the star stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the red show the star much better - but the blue was a good practice run! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the star pin cushion. Great pictures of little Jed enjoying Fiji!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red star looks great., so does Jed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your pincushions, especially the red one! And what a little cutie Jed is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that red pin cushion! Terrific!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!