About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, May 2, 2015

I found my scissors ... and more

How exciting is it when something you thought you had "misplaced" turns up when you are least expecting it ??    I was searching for a particular thread this morning and came across my favourite little pair of travel scissors - stork scissors with blunt ends for travelling !!    I also happen to like the scissor fob attached so it was nice to "find" them this morning !!


Here is a beautiful quilt made by Jennie who is a member of my Needlework group.  This was based upon some of the designs of the projects at our "Stitching in the Hills" Retreat last year and she has put together a gorgeous keepsake quilt for a special friend ....


She has added a few of her own adaptations to the designs and it looks lovely ...


I love all the colours and particularly love the range of fabrics which we used which was the Moda "Mirabelle" range ...


Her embroidery embellishment on all the designs is just gorgeous ...


Lots of beautiful stitching and patchwork ...


Pauline has been crocheting up a storm with these little penguins destined for friends at an "Antarctic Reunion" later this year ...  very appropriate ...


And she has made this cute little donkey also ...


And I have cut out some squares to help Ashleigh put together a little quilt for a new baby due soon ...


Lots of bright colours and cute patterns on these fabrics I bought from Hobbysew Belconnen !


Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend .... and I hope it involves a little bit of stitching !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!