About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pincushions, Stitching and Mothers Day

I have been playing with a few little projects lately, some of which I cannot share because they are "surprises" for upcoming stitching days and gifts ....  but I have finished a couple of things .... one being this fun little pincushion from Shiralee Stitches .... my own version ..... finished yesterday afternoon ....



And put together today and now in use !! 



I was happy to receive some lovely mail on Friday ... a few Gail Pan designs to work on ....



I have been organising a little bit of travel stitching to take away with me this week .... this is one of Rosalie Quinlans "United Stitches" and I'm using some of my favourite Cottage Garden Threads (this one is "Gumboot") for the stitching ....   it has all the same colours as this piece of Moda "Heart's Content" fabric from the Laundry Basket Quilts range .... which I love ....



I have also traced out and started a little bit of stitching on Gail's Sewing Collage pattern ... nice simple stitching for a plane trip ....



And it's Mothers Day here today and I have had calls and Skype sessions from New York, Perth and Townsville from three of our children and a lovely lunch with our daughter Ashleigh, her husband Tim and our gorgeous grandson Jed ... who bought around this cute little herb garden with his handprint on it ...



I have had a lovely day .... and I hope all mothers reading this have had an enjoyable and relaxing day filled with love and laughter with treasured family members ....  although we cannot all be together all the time to mark every special occasion, it is amazing how great it is to be able to Skype and connect with the other side of the country and the other side of the world on days like this ....



Ash made a beautiful fruit flan for dessert ....



And Jed bought his mum Ashleigh a gorgeous bunch of flowers yesterday ...



And very very early tomorrow morning we are off to somewhere nice and warm for a short break to celebrate my birthday (this week) and David's (last week) ..... my suitcase is looking a little worse for wear (well travelled I like to think) but is now being packed with a couple of sarongs and a couple of swimming costumes for some time in the sun .....



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching there Fiona, enjoy your holiday. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pincushion is beautiful.........must do mine.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! The herb pot with the hand print is adorable!

    Your pincushion is so pretty! And I love the stitcheries that you have prepared for your plane trip. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!