About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, June 1, 2015

Birthday Gifts and a Birthday Surprise

I have received some lovely gifts for my birthday ... here are a couple ... Sarah has made me this gorgeous little journal .... covered in orange buttons ....  it came wrapped up in one of my favourite fabrics ....


She knows all about my orange fetish !!   Thanks so much Sarah .... I love it !!


And in keeping with the orange theme, Shirley found me this lovely felted orange purse to keep bits and pieces in, an orange fat quarter of fabric and (another love of mine) an Anni Downs "Inspiration Pack" to play with !!   Thankyou Shirley xx


Our youngest, Chelsea,  turned 25 on Friday (which makes me feel a little bit old) so we decided to surprise her with a visit to Townsville ... and we took Ashleigh and Jed with us .... we surprised her and her fiancé Kye as they had lunch at Longboards on the Strand .... Kye was in on the surprise ! Chelsea is on the left, with Ashleigh in the middle and baby Jed, who is now 15 months old! 


We all had a lovely dinner at home on Friday night to celebrate !


The flowers in the tropics always amaze me ... so vibrant and full of colour !



We walked for miles around the river  .... here are David and I ... enjoying the warm weather !


A celebration dinner out on Saturday evening on the waterfront !



And last cuddles before leaving yesterday afternoon .... plans are in full swing for the December wedding of these two ... so we are all looking forward to that!





3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. Lovely family photos. Your zest for life and dedication to your happy family is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Fiona: Love package you have received.
    Beautiful photos of your family.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great article. These are some great birthday present ideas. I love getting people gifts and I try to be creative when picking out stuff. The holiday season is soon approaching and a lot of my family members have birthdays around Christmas. I usually like to go shopping at malls because there are so many stores but firstly I decided to check giftingadviser because it has a lot of great ideas. This is a great way.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!