About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Amboise

After a long walk (24km) from Chenanceau, we arrived in beautiful Amboise situated on the Loire River ... another majestic chateau on the banks of the river and a gorgeous little town to wander through ... and wander we did yesterday .... The markets were on .... 



The flowers and produce were amazing ... Purchased baguettes, Brie and sausage of some description for our picnic lunch ....


You may recognise the man fourth in line in black  trying to disguise himself as French with a baguette under his arm!!


The berries were delicious ....



We found a little sewing shop ....





I just purchased a little piece of French fabric !


Visited the final house lived in by Leonardo da Vinci in Amboise .... Gardens were beautiful ... And lots of peacocks ...







The beautiful chateau on the river ....


And a lemon tart to die for ... You will note 2 spoons ... I only ate half !!! Off to walk to Vouvray today ... Another 20km day!  Enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!