About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Chenanceau

We are now in the amazingly beautiful village of Chenanceau and have spent the day roaming around the Chateau Chenanceau, took a boat underneath the castle arches and up the River Cher, and then hiked for 6km up behind the village .... My Fitbit is in overdrive .... 21.5km today!   I do of course need to do that to walk off the New York celebrations with our son and his fiancée .... And now they are putting French pastries and croissants in front of me at breakfast!!!! 




The gardens are so very beautiful .... With such a magnificent backdrop .....






Walking down to the castle gates along the tree lined paths ....


It's amazing to have the sun shining so brightly here while at home in Australia where we live, they are experiencing the heaviest rainfall and bad weather .....


Floral arrangements in each of the rooms were gorgeous and the scent incredible ....




I managed to find some of the beautiful old embroidered post cards also throughout the castle ...



Tomorrow we walk 20km to Amboise through the beautiful French countryside .... We might need it after tonight's dinner ......












3 comments:

  1. It looks like such a beautiful place to visit. I am so inspired by your walking holidays, a great way to see the countryside and still indulge in some pastries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing lovely pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona: How lucky you are, what a beautiful vacation place.
    Have fun.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!