About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Stitching in the Hills 2015

There was lots of lovely show and tell at our "Stitching in the Hills" Retreat on the weekend ... lots of inspiration from the beautiful work done by some of the ladies .... this is Jenny's lovely version of last years projects made into a gorgeous quilt ...


I love this gorgeous elephant quilt made by Clare .... the colours and simplicity of the design are beautiful .... I think I might need to have a go at making something similar ....


This beautiful piece of Hardanger embroidery is exquisite ...


Jo made a gorgeous bag using one of Anni Downs patterns ... love the muted fabrics ...


Lesley's beautiful version of the My Town quilt ...  looks great !


Karel's beautiful embroidered work ...


Anne put together this little quilt using the patterns from our Sing A Long Bunting from one of our earlier stitching days .... it's always nice to see some different variations of our work !


I always love to see the little sewing pockets and bags the ladies have made to hold their special sewing things ... this bright and breezy sewing tote was made by Clare !


And a well used pincushion is a must ... this one belongs to Shirley F ...


Renate uses her little sewing case .... love the colours ...


And here is Lyn's version of the same little sewing case .... well done ladies ... they look great !


And Rosie had a wonderful little sewing set she had made from a Gail Pan design ... beautiful stitching and a useful set ... nice work Rosie !


It's always lots of fun to wander throughout the day and see what the ladies have been up to ... hopefully you will find some inspiration here too !!  Sylvia has also put up a couple of lovely posts following the weekend .... you can see them here !!

1 comment:

  1. Very talented ladies. I agree about the elephant, he is gorgeous and the style lends itself to many variations.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!