About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Time to smell the roses ....

This is a very special thank you to all my stitching ladies who have been so very supportive of my decision to take a break in 2017 ... many of you will have received an email from Sylvia and myself yesterday letting you know of our decision to take a well earned break from our Stitching Days and Retreats in 2017.    We have been overwhelmed by your kind emails, thanks and understanding regarding our decision.  Sylvia and I have stitched together for more than 35 years and we have many many more ahead of us .... but we feel the need to have a bit of a rest and rejuvenate in 2017.   Hopefully we will have more time to work on our projects and might even manage to sneak away together for some stitching weekends where we are the students for a change !!



And I also want to thank my Needlework group who have kindly accepted my decision to take time out to smell the roses in 2017 ...  it will be 20 years next year since our group started and there have been many hours and much stitching put into each and every one of those 20 years.   I will still be working at the office, but have decided that my day off will revolve around my family including my gorgeous grandsons and our new baby due in October.    Many of you will remember when my children were tiny and as we welcome this new generation into our family, we are enjoying each and every minute with them.     I will be around for a while yet ... but just wanted to say thank you for your understanding and kind words.   xxx Fiona xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Fiona for all the time you put into the groups....so much Appreciated Even though I haven't been able to get there lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I hit enter! I wish you both a lovely time with your respective families and I'm sure we'll all be waiting for you! Enjoy being students and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best Fiona, as you enjoy the next generation, all for that, have 7 grandchildren and I call them our treasures and they are and you see the results of your involvement, actually for a lifetime and beyond...have a great break, Lyn, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a big job and you have done it for so long...... You deserve a break...... To many grandkids to play with now to........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!